Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Coffee- my favorite drug of all

While I was studying for the CHT exam last year I was letting myself have a second cup of coffee at lunch. But afterwards I cut it out- because coffee gives me heartburn and contributes to my insomnia. But I have really been dragging in the afternoons. I keep trying to lower meds, stop the klonopin, etc, hoping to get my mental edge back. It hasn't worked that well. And then today I stopped to get a sandwich for lunch and gave in to the urge for an iced coffee- and the afternoon was great! I got so many notes done, I could concentrate so much better. And I didn't even get heartburn.

All I needed was coffee. Who knew? I think that Provigil keeps me awake and alert- which is a prerequisite for concentration- but it doesn't really help me all that much with concentration itself. But coffee does. So does practicing mindfulness.

But if my mind was good today, my body was not. I feel exhausted. My joints hurt- maybe because rain is coming. But somehow my back feels pretty good today. I'm grateful for that.

I am also grateful for the new Wendy's Asian Cashew Chicken salad. Now I can go through a drive through and get something healthy (and yummy). They are going to get to know me pretty well there.

No comments: