Monday, June 25, 2012

My right?

I was reading on an article on a website for physicians about support for NYC's ban on large size soda's, and saying that this could be just the beginning. With the epidemics of obesity and diabetes, there are a lot more regulations that could/should be put in to place to regulate people's food choices.

Should somebody have stopped me today? Every now and then, not very often, when I am very depressed, I just really want ice cream. And I will eat an entire Hagen Daas pint. I stopped at a convenience store on the way home and got one. Ate it all once I got home. I don't have diabetes, but I am obese. Was this my right?

I calculated the calories later. Because I ate only coffee and cottage cheese for breakfast, and a Lean Cuisine frozen entree for lunch, I still didn't do too badly in the calorie department for the day. But nutritionally, it was a pretty bad day.

There is only so much you can do to save people from themselves. Also, a calorie is a calorie, You can be fat on health food or skinny on junk food. I don't drink soda or juice much- most days I try to avoid sugar. But I am a big milk drinker- something I am trying to cut down on. Will you ban that?


No comments: