Friday, March 23, 2012

Good Things

This past weekend I was out of town, going to see my niece baptized. She is 3 and a half months old, and even though I just saw her two weeks ago, she is different. More social, more smiles.

His wife's family was there, and they had lots of friends there. And I was just the aunt, just my brother's sister. An occupational therapist. I wasn't this crazy person with this crazy past. I was regular. It was great.

And my niece was great. I am too old for motherhood,realistically - and it was something that I told myself that was not an option for a long time. I didn't even know if I could take care of myself- let alone a baby. And I thought I would go crazy off of my meds while pregnant. So when I did internet dating, I didn't even look at men who wanted children.

So being an aunt will have to be it. So far, I am loving it.

No comments: