Sunday, August 28, 2011

It's All a Little Disappointing

Yes my power did go off Saturday night- way earlier than I expected, but then it went back on by Sunday morning. I did get to test out my hand crank radio/flashlight, which is worked pretty well. But the storm itself seems not to be living up to the hype.

I don't know what I expected- Manhattan to float away? And I guess there is still the potential for a lot more flooding- now the rivers may flood. Which is more of an issue than the ocean where I live. But I think we dodged a bullet. Which is a good thing.

And yet the little kid in me says, is that it? After all that hype, is that it?

There are certainly enough people who are very effected by the storm, and for them, it is no small matter. But it seems that the buckets and pots and pans of water that I filled were filled for naught.




No comments: