Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Weather Channel in All Its Glory

We have Hurricane Irene on our doorstep, supposed to get here tonight. I don't think it will be so bad where I live, a bit inland, I am mostly worried about power outages. And maybe trees down.

With 24-hour news channels, you never know what to believe. How bad is this going to be? They will play up anything for something to say. And I guess the answer is, when it comes to the weather, we don't know. We can't predict things with 100 percent accuracy. The storm could go a little bit this way, or a little bit that way, with tremendous consequences.

I have to get myself out and do some grocery shopping, because I really don't have much food. I was going to go last night, but I was too upset after I nearly had a melt down at the pharmacy.

I wanted to fill my Abilify prescription. And I knew that I only had less than 100 dollars left in my deductible. But they told me that when they tried to put it though, I would have to pay the whole 525 dollars. So I didn't fill it. I still have some left- but I don't know what to do. I don't know how to fight this. Maybe because I still haven't met my full deductible, I have to pay the full thing. So I just need to find something cheaper to get to my deductible, and then I can try to fill it again, and just pay my co-pay. I do not have 525 dollars in my health savings account at this time.

Every job I have had, the insurance has been worse. When you have a high deductible plan, you feel like you don't even have insurance half the time. Plus they keep finding reasons to deny things, like lab work, etc. that they say is experimental or not needed.

So anyway, I was too upset to go grocery shopping, so I have to go today. I wonder if the shelves will be bare. I have heard from my patients that bottled water is sold out.


No comments: