Sunday, February 19, 2012

Down on Zyprexa- well, a little

Last night I decided that raising the Zyprexa to 10mg really wasn't working. And I was so out of it during the first half of the day, that not only was I fighting the depression, I was also fighting the Zyprexa. So I went down to 7.5mg. I woke up on my own this morning with no alarm this morning, but I still slept well. I thought I was feeling better- until I starting thinking about doing anything. Now it is apparent that the depression is still quite bad. But it is no worse, I think.

I'm still above the 5mg that I had been taking for the past few years. Prior to that, it had been 7.5mg. I have taken 10mg at times in the past, but I never felt right on it, I was always too out of it.

The question is, how long do I give the increased Zyprexa to see what it does for me? My doctor had wanted me to give it 3 weeks. I don't know if I have 3 weeks left in me. But that also coincides with the time I see my primary care doctor to see if I can change blood pressure medicines and get off my diuretic- so I can go on lithium. Fun stuff.

No comments: