Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A Day Off

I have a day off from my program today. I wanted to do all of these things- instead I napped. My mom is still here and woke me in the middle of the night, so I didn't sleep well.

OK, I did call my psychiatrist to make an appointment. I did my light therapy. And this evening I will go to yoga class. But hiking will not be happening, instead I will go walk along the river for a little bit. I have never been superwoman, why should I expect that I would start to be now?

When I don't have things scheduled to do, I don't use my time very well. People are telling me  that I should work fewer hours, and I have thought of asking for this- but I am really afraid that I will just spend this time doing nothing, perhaps in bed, as I have been spending too much of my time in the past few months. Until I know how I would spend my time, I am hesitant to ask for fewer hours. Especially when it means less money! I mean, I could make it work if I had to with fewer hours. But if I am not sure...

I haven't decided what to do.

I am trying to plan structure into my life for once I go back to work. Trying to find that balance of not too little but not too much.



No comments: