Friday, October 19, 2012

I'm going to be a nicer person

Well, maybe just at work. It's not that I'm not already nice to my patients. I think that I am very kind. But I have been on the receiving end of much kindness from various health care professionals recently, and it suddenly hit me what a difference it can make. So I will be kind with a new perspective.

It actually hit me yesterday, when I was at the oral surgeon. I had to get a wisdom tooth with a very bad cavity pulled. Not a good situation. But they were kind to me. Not that I was there for very long- I was surprised how fast it was- but for the short period of time I was there, they were so nice about everything. And it made a difference. If they were nicer to me after seeing my medication list- well, I wouldn't complain. But they were just nice. And they made the procedure seem like no big deal.

Kindness can make a difference- whether it is when you are miserably depressed or about to get a tooth pulled.


No comments: