Saturday, January 11, 2014

Trying to figure out how hard to push myself. Maybe I'll just let myself be today

I had a wonderful massage today. In fact, my massage therapist convinced me to come in in 2 weeks, instead of my normal monthly, to help with the depression, to release endorphins and such. It did seem to help. Later I did a Pubmed search on my iphone and found that yes, there is evidence to support the use of massage for depression.

Afterwards I had Chinese food for lunch. I had planned on going to the grocery store- I really needed to go- but it was dark out and raining hard. Even if I had been feeling well, I might not have gone. Instead I went to a convenience store and bought milk. The milk turned out to be sour and expired. The only good thing is that I did make it to the bank for badly needed quarters. Now I can do laundry, which I also really need to do.

The one thing I have not tried for my depressions that I would like to try is acupuncture. I don't know what it costs- I'm pretty sure my insurance would not cover it. I don't think I could afford that with the massages. Especially in a couple of months when I will be paying a lot more for my Provigil. So maybe that will have to wait a while (probably a long while). Maybe I won't need it anyway.

Today I have to do dishes and organize laundry. And sign up for Monday evening yoga- yes I am going back! Otherwise I am going to take it easy today. It is ramon noodles for dinner tonight because I didn't make it to the grocery store. But I love them with soy sauce and hot sauce. Yum. I know, they probably don't even qualify as real food- but they are good emergency food to have around.

No comments: