Friday, August 16, 2013

Yoga I love, Pilates not so much (but I need it)

I went to my first Pilates class on Wednesday. I can't say I loved it. It was more like climbing a difficult mountain, and mid way up you start wondering why you are doing this and maybe it would be nice to stop. But at the end, you are glad you did it.

It was really hard as I have really weak abs and my quads aren't too strong too, apparently. We were working on quads on the mat. And then it came time to stand up- and my right quad just said no! I wondered if people sometimes got stuck on the ground. I managed to get up by putting my weight on my left leg. But then we did some standing work, and every now and then my quads would just start shaking, and I started wondering if people ever fell in class...

No, I did not fall. But I can still feel my quads, even today. Enough to remind me that I need more than just yoga. I need to do Pilates. So I will go back next week.

So I have three evenings a week spoken for, my early work nights. Yoga, pilates, yoga. Maybe I'll eventually get really ambitious and do a weekend class. But I'm not pushing it. Yet. This has only been a month since I started with the yoga.

No comments: