Sunday, August 4, 2013

My first hand experience of relativity

I pulled into the Dunkin Donuts parking lot to get an iced coffee after my morning's yoga class. I turned off the engine. And suddenly, the car started to roll forward! I jammed on the brakes, thinking I must be in neutral, and nothing happened, the car kept going. And then I realized, after a moment's panic, I was not moving at all. The car next to me, that I had been looking at just a moment ago, was backing up. I was standing still.

It was a very new age Saturday. I had a yoga class in the morning, and went to a drumming circle in the evening. In between, though, I didn't do very much except nap and do laundry.

I am amazed when I am able to do anything without a major battle with myself. I am so unused to that. It really makes me realize how depressed I have been for so long, even when I thought I wasn't particularly depressed. I feel like I am slowly thawing out. I feel like it is going to take a long time, but it is coming. Parts of me are still frozen, still locked up, but I am slowly thawing out.

No comments: