Sunday, March 30, 2014

As they say, it never rains but it pours

I am still sick. And now my lower back has flared up again- I think this is the 5th time it has done so in my life, and the worst of my life. I can hardly move. I am saying lots of dirty words. It is really agony. I can't even do the back extension exercises that have helped me in the past- it is just too painful. So I took 3 naproxen (I wonder what my lithium level is), and a couple of klonopin (hey, it's a muscle relaxant). I tried to sleep, but I just could not today. I could not get comfortable.

I am trying to get out of bed and move my legs and such- bed rest is not a good thing for back pain- but lying down is the closest that I can get to pain free. Getting out of bed- namely standing up, is almost unbearable. Standing is not too comfortable either, but it is the transitions that are the worst. Coughing really hurts my back, and I'm still doing that occasionally too.

I am so frustrated right now. I just want to be well, I just want to be able to do things. I am used to my mood being the issue, I am not used to my body being the issue. I haven't learned patience in that area.

I think I need to go to physical therapy. But I might need to go to a chiropractor first. I wonder how soon I can get in. Do they take emergencies?

I do have one good thing to report about being sick all week: I have lost 3 pounds. Although that may also have something to do with going down on the Zyprexa.

No comments: