Monday, March 31, 2014

Today I was the patient

I went to physical therapy for my back today. Of course I had started to feel better in the afternoon, and almost felt silly going in. No, not all better- but not like I couldn't get up out of a chair like I had earlier in the day. My PT is nice, started with basic stuff, mostly I'll be doing back extensions until I see him next- something I could not have done yesterday (I tried). And actually, the first one with him still hurt, but then it got better. Every 2 hours I have to do 10 press-ups or back extensions. I just did one set- maybe one more before bed. I don't know how much longer I'll be up. I just have to get through to first one- and remember that the second one doesn't hurt so much, and by 5 there is no more pain. But that first one still really hurts.

After the session I pushed my luck by going to the drug store- and had a lot of pain there just walking down the aisles. A LOT of pain. And then I didn't feel so stupid for going to PT.

What I really want is to learn exercises that I can do so that this won't happen again (or is less likely to happen again). Because this isn't the first time I have had difficulty with my back. And I want to know when I can go back to yoga! I would guess not this week...

My other issue is the laryngitis that just won't go away and I don't know what to do about it. Just wait? Call my doctor? I saw her on Friday and she said there was nothing to do. I'm a really bad sick person, I don't have a lot of patience for it. I just want to get back to work.

No comments: