Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve- and my trip to my shrink

In healthcare we don't get too many holidays. Not only was I working, so was my psychiatrist. I had an early morning appointment before work. We agreed that I am improving and I just need to get back on track with light therapy and keep the previous scheduling of my meds and get back to my yoga and such, and I will probably get out of my funk. No med changes for the moment, which is good. He also gave me another idea about how to get my Provigil- although he couldn't be too specific for legal reasons I am sure. Of course one day it will be affordable in the US, but I don't know when that will be. It has been generic for over a year and a half, it seems as though it should be cheaper than it is.

He didn't seem too concerned about the quarter of a milligram of klonopin I am taking in addition to the ambien to sleep- but did say that when I am feeling better I could try to get off of it. I didn't push the Lunesta- I am ambivalent about it. I tried it before and it worked very well- but I thought it made me more depressed- but I'm not sure. I was very depressed anyway at the time.

Work was surprisingly busy, all of my appointments were filled. One of my patients brought in some goodies that she had baked- which made me all the happier to know that she had made them, because I have been treating her for a very bad injury to her dominant hand. She is doing so much better.

With my mood I have not been feeling very Christmas-y this year. I was going to go to church tonight but I think I will just go to bed. Tomorrow I will drive to my dad's for Christmas dinner. I still have to wrap presents.




No comments: