Wednesday, February 19, 2014

China and curling?

I was watching the winter Olympics on CNBC, and there was a curling match between Canada and China. Evidently the men's team from China is pretty good (although the Canadian's beat them). I have not idea what is going on in the women's competition. But I can't help finding it strange to think about China as a curling powerhouse.

I watched the finals of men's Skeleton though on-demand. Of all the sled sports, Skeleton is the only one that really interests me. Going down head first- on the most minimal of sleds- you have to hold your head and legs up- that takes guts. The bob sled- that doesn't interest me so much.

I have to watch the ice dancing, I have missed that. It seems like every time I turn on the TV and try to find the olympics during a non-prime time hour they have curling on! It is a pretty funny sport. I haven't figured out the rules, though. But I haven't really tried. I just find it amusing to watch them play.

Better to watch curling than the news, which is what I usually do when I get home.

No comments: