Sunday, March 22, 2015

Trying to fight "the system" and it feels so depressing

My health insurance did me wrong- even by their rules. I had met my lower deductible for in-house (my hospital) providers/pharmacy.  And yet when I went to fill my prescriptions at the beginning of the month they charged me the entire price of the meds, not co-pays, as if I had not met this deductible. I have not met my general deductible, only within network. I needed the meds, I thought I had maybe miscalculated- so I paid the over $400. And then went and checked, and saw that I was right. I shouldn't have paid that money.

I e-mailed my insurance company's customer service. I got an e-mail saying I would receive a response in 10-14 days. But I have not. And I don't know what to do. All this at a time that I have to come up with $4800 for dental implants and pay state taxes from 3 years ago I didn't know I owed- I have paid them, but now they still haven't paid me the refund that I am due this year. Plus the price of Provigil isn't going down any more.

And now my computer is randomly shutting off. I don't know if it is a hardware thing or a software thing. I guess I should take it in somewhere. It is only 2 & 1/2 years old, I plan on holding on to it for a long time.

I had a vacation I wanted to take this summer. But it is too expensive. I will backpack instead. I want to backpack in the fall- when I have had the summer to get in better shape. But maybe I will also try in the spring, even though my body is not ready for it. It is better than staying home and feeling sorry for myself.

No comments: