Sunday, March 22, 2015

Why I hate generics (sometimes)

I have been getting a bunch of new generics recently that are really hard to split. And I splint my klonopin and now my cytomel, as my doctor raised my dosage from 1 pill to 1 and a half. But I think I am giving up on that dose.

I tried doing that dose today when I did my meds for the week. I have a new generic. I can't split the pills with my fingers- I don't have nails. And in the pill splitter they just crumble. Sometimes I can salvage a half of a pill out of it, sometimes I can't. At this rate I will run out before the end of the month. I think that after this week I will go back down to just one pill.

I'm not sure that the increase did anything. During the time it was supposed to kick in I still felt miserable. I am feeling better the past few days, but I think that is the seasons changing. I think. I'll see how it is when I go back down. If it is bad- I'll have to figure out which is cheaper- three of the 5mg pills or the non-generic 25mg pill or maybe just to get a lot of the 25 mg pills so that I can lose a lot when I split them.

I'd rather take less thyroid. My mom has osteoporosis, and I think it is from hyperthyroidism- which she had for a number of years. Until she finally got treated with radioactive iodine ablation. I don't want to get osteoporosis. I'm already at risk because of other meds I take.


No comments: