Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Disability?

No, not that extreme. I just might need PT for my neck. What I really need is to do less paperwork. On my vacation, on long weekends, I have no neck pain whatsoever. The more time I spend doing notes the worse it gets- and now I am starting to get that tingling/electrical pain in the back of my neck at times- but fortunately no radiating. Or at least not yet.

My hope is that when we get to electronic medical records it will be better because we will have laptops and I will be looking up at least a little bit instead of straight down at the desk. For now I am doing my chin tucks and back extensions and cervical ROM. And I should probably go for another massage- I haven't been in a while.

I was looking at my computer at my desk today- and it is an ergonomic nightmare! There are no pull-out keyboard trays in the staff office and the monitors are just sitting on the desks- way too low. I have to bring in some books to put under my monitor. And to think that I give my patients ergonomic advice... I had better not let them into the staff office. Of course our office wasn't designed by an OT.

I see enough patients with really messed up cervical spines- I have to fix this. But I realize that it may not fully resolve until we stop doing paper notes. And I don't know what to do about PT- I'd love to go where I work (plus it would be a lot cheaper). But I don't want my co-workers knowing my medical history.

No comments: