Friday, June 12, 2015

The best cognitive rehabilitation

One of the therapists where I work has started doing cognitive rehabilitation where I work. I don't think we have the best setting for it- but some people don't want to go to (or can't get to) a formal cognitive program that is further away.

Well, I have found the perfect activity, because it is really straining my brain. I am reading the "Game of Thrones" books, and I am having the hardest time keeping track of names and relationships. Who is that person? What house are they from? Who are they related to? There are just so many characters to keep track of.

But I am enjoying the books. They give a depth to the story that the TV show just doesn't have time for. I'm just reading them slow, bit by bit- which makes it all the harder to remember who is who.

Tomorrow I am signed up for a yoga basics class. I haven't gone to yoga for a long time- it will be good to get back. There was a time I was going twice a week regularly- until my next depression hit. I want to get back to that. Unfortunately the Monday class that I used to go to no longer exists. There is a later one that might be okay- except that it isn't until 7:45 and I get out of work at 4:30. Even if I stay to do notes, it is still pretty late.

The good news is that my neck is feeling better. I really worked on it two nights ago- hanging my head off the side of the bed and doing gentle mob's. Plus I had to take klonopin to sleep that night- and it is a muscle relaxant incidentally. It hasn't hurt since. But I already scheduled a massage for the weekend, I don't think I'll cancel it. Maybe that is why things got so bad, I haven't been getting my monthly massages.

Tomorrow I up my Lamictal dose. I'm still titrating up. I hope it doesn't make me too spacy.

No comments: