Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Feeling somewhat better

Yesterday had started out as a really bad day. I was still in that bad place, telling myself all the bad things that were going to happen. I started thinking I was really going into another depression. I really felt myself sliding down the hole. And then, miraculously, it started to lift at lunchtime. I didn't bring lunch, so I went out for pizza. Then I sat in my car in the sun and listened to music on the radio. By the time I got back to work, the dark spell had started to lift.

It hasn't totally lifted, but I don't feel like I'm doomed to another depressive episode the way I was feeling. I am better but not all better. But it is good to know that I can get so close to the edge and not go over it.

Otherwise nothing too exciting. I got out early from work because I had to go to the dentist. But I actually had patients to treat today, that was good. And tomorrow I have a fairly full day as well. I don't like it too busy- but too light can be even worse I am discovering.

I'm trying to get used to it being so dark so early. I hate the time change in the fall.


No comments: