Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Wonderful weekend

I went to my brother's this weekend. I saw my niece, who is almost 2, and just adorable. It was great. I have also learned that my brother and his wife are buying a house (pending inspections, title search, etc.). We went to see it- it is very nice. And it is a sign that hopefully my brother will be staying put for a while- for much of his adult life he traveled overseas, and I was afraid of a return to that.

Now I am home and my mother is staying with me for a week. It is going to be a hard week. She is cleaning, and for that I am grateful- but she cannot stop talking. I feel like she takes up the oxygen in the room. And we are so different in so many ways. There is no harmony, no easiness in our relationship. I just want to get away, I just want her to stop talking.


No comments: