Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Really good day

My mood was really good today. At one point, someone said something funny as I was walking out of the room. I laughed and smiled. And then I realized that when I got to where I was going, I was still smiling! My smiles never last that long.

It was a light day, so I managed to get all of my notes done. I was able to concentrate. This is good.

The only bad thing about today is that I am still not used to the time change. It was one of my late nights when I work evenings, and my last hour at work I was losing it. Thursday I think I will resort to coffee, and hope I can take it late enough to be helpful, but not so late as to stop me from sleeping.

I am grateful for today. I hope it continues. But I know not to try to hold on the good times too hard- just enjoy them. Isn't that supposed to be the root of all suffering? Attachment?

I was attached to having sunlight when I got out of work. It made it easier to do things and have a life. Now I just want to go home and bury myself in my comforter. I will have to get used to a world without sunlight. Maybe I will become a vampire for the winter.


No comments: