Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Why I eat fast food

There are two times I eat fast food. The first is when I am travelling, usually taking a road trip, and don't want to take much time to eat. And it is kind of a tradition for me. The other time I eat fast food is when I am too depressed, irritable, hypomanic, etc., to walk into a grocery store. And that is what happened yesterday.

Sometimes I can manage a convenience store even if I can't make it in to a grocery store- and the options are getting a little healthier there. In Wawa's I can find salads and humus with pretzels, along with subs. But sometimes I can't even manage that- and I go to a drive through. I don't have to get out of the car, I barely have to talk to anyone.

Yesterday I had a bad day. With the time change, I had a really hard time sleeping. Then I had something happen at work that was very little, but enough to get my mind running through a hundred negative things, and decided my life was over. I was also feeling anxious and irritable.

I did drag myself to yoga after work- no easy feat- but that was all that I had. I couldn't go grocery shopping afterwards, I just did a drive through. It seemed so wrong to be eating a burger after yoga. But I did.

Today, hopefully, I will make it to the grocery store.

Despite my mood, and despite the fact that I was totally not present for the yoga class, it was good to be back. And my back did okay. I just have to remember to keep the curve in my lower back and not do too much forward flexion at my lower back. It is good to know that I can still do yoga.

I woke up today feeling a little better, I hope that it lasts.  

No comments: