Friday, April 25, 2014

Freedom

I am discharged from physical therapy today. Yea! Not that I didn't like going there, and not that I didn't like my PT, but I have other things I want to do with my evenings. And it also means that my back is better. I will have to keep doing some exercises and be careful- but I am better. Today I did not even have my morning pain that I usually wake up with.

As a therapist, it is nice to see therapy work. Especially as the patient!

I think that if this happens again I will know what to do. Hopefully it won't.

Next week I am going back to yoga. I also have to start really walking in earnest. On July 4th I am walking a 10K with some family members. I need to be in better shape for that. I did it last year with no training- but it was really cool and raining. Usually it is in the 90's and very sunny. I don't want to be one of the people who gets heat exhaustion. And my meds don't help. So I need to be in as good shape as possible.

I don't know what I am doing about seeing a rheumatologist. I called one practice- but they wanted a referral from my PCP. I made the mistake of telling them that my PCP had referred me to a hand surgeon, but I thought that I needed a rheumatologist. They said that wasn't good enough. I wanted to tell them that I am a certified hand therapist and know which I need, but I didn't.

Meanwhile all joint pain in my hands is gone. I would feel really stupid going to my PCP for "joint pain" when I don't have any.

No comments: