Monday, January 5, 2015

Messed up meds

Yesterday afternoon I felt extremely tired and even light-headed. I didn't know why- until I found my thyroid hormone pill still sitting in my pill box later that evening when taking my evening meds. I think that is the cause- I know that the time I ran out of synthroid for a few days I was exhausted and lightheaded.

Anyway by mid-afternoon I was good for nothing. Certainly not doing anything productive like housework or notes.I was really frustrated. So I thought I'd go to bed early- in the evening- and get up early. Except that the ambien didn't put me to sleep- and neither did the first klonopin I took. I gave up, stayed up a while, and eventually took more klonopin. And got up a little early, but not too early- I needed the drugs to wear off.

I did get to work an hour early to do some notes. And I did start to get an anxiety attack from klonopin withdrawal so had to take a little. But otherwise an okay day. But I have learned my lesson about trying to go to bed early. It doesn't work. And I certainly shouldn't be drugging myself with klonopin to do so.

Unless, of course, I am simply trying to knock myself out because I think I can't bear to be conscious. I've certainly been there. But not for a while.

No comments: