Thursday, October 9, 2014

Hard day but a good OT moment

The depression was definitely worse today, and I couldn't be so philosophical about it. But I did have one moment at work that broke through it- getting out a golf club and balls and having a patient with a very painful arm do some putting. A good occupational therapy moment. Purposeful activity. I wonder if I can get my hands on a tennis racket.

I think I might have a UTI. Maybe that is the source of my recent fevers. I felt feverish towards the end of the day- but then I took some naproxen and I felt better- my mood felt better too. But I just couldn't get myself to the support group- I just wanted to go home. To no food- I had milk and m&m's for dinner- it was a very yummy dinner actually.

I did three eval's today and I didn't finish writing up any of them. All of the eval's had complications. The mallet finger patient with a lag- so we will try more splinting. The tendon repair patient who came in with no splint. The patient who comes in and it seems totally like something rheumatological- but the MD wants to try therapy before doing bloodwork. Sometimes I don't understand doctors.

This weekend I am going to a Bat Mitzvah for my step niece. I am kind of dreading it. But I really should go. I don't even know what I am going to wear. But I guess I have something.

No comments: