Sunday, May 25, 2014

Today was bad- maybe it was meds

I felt very strange today, like my brain wouldn't work in certain ways- I just couldn't make myself do anything. I did one load of laundry, but couldn't do two loads- it was like my mind wouldn't work. No initiation. And also some light headedness and exhaustion. But I wasn't sure this was from the Zyprexa, even though these are some of my same complaints from Zyprexa.

And then I found two Effexor and two Zonegran on the floor. I take two of each of these at night. Perhaps I dropped them last night and didn't take them. I take one of each of these in the AM, and I did take my AM meds today. So that probably kept me from really bad withdrawal symptoms.

However, I was able to read today. I am reading "The Circle" by Dave Eggers. It is really, really good. I don't even know if it qualifies as science fiction- it could just be the headlines from today. Or maybe tomorrow, but not too many tomorrow's away.

I also spent the day watching BookTV on CSPAN2 and watching some of the news coverage of the California mass killing. CNN finally has something to talk about other than the missing airplane. They had a lot of people talking about these "welfare checks" that the police do, and emphasized how little legal power the police have to actually intervene.

All of which makes me wonder what I was doing wrong! Whenever the police came to my door during my manic years, it always ended up with me going to the hospital.

I hope I feel better tomorrow. I have things I need to get done. And I need to walk.


No comments: