Sunday, September 29, 2013

A lazy Sunday morning

I think I am adjusting to the Zyprexa decrease and no longer need the whole milligram of klonopin at night. I overslept, and I'm really sleepy this morning. Tonight I'll take less.This is good. I also don't have too much pain this morning from where my tooth was pulled- it is just a little sore- so I don't have to take any naproxen. I'll just take a little tylenol later if I need to. I'm still eating soft foods- I think I would be in a world of pain if anything hard hit that area.

Sunday mornings I watch a lot of the morning news shows- either that, or BookTV on C-SPAN2. I can't watch the news this morning, it gets me too upset. I am having one of those mornings when I think that Lincoln was wrong- that our country is too large and diverse to be governable, and that we might as well splint up.

I don't know how I feel about Obamacare. Ideally, healthcare should have been taken care of at the state level, it seems like a states rights issue. But, with the exception of Massachusetts, it wasn't. And something had to be done- and nothing had been done. Is this better than doing nothing? Perhaps. I don't know. What nobody says: there will be winners and losers with this law. It is not all good or all bad. The other things that people don't say: if you liked the health insurance you had, you probably couldn't have kept it for very long anyway. Costs were getting out of hand, and policies were covering less and less each year. I have patients with 50$ copay's for there occupational therapy visits, who tell me that they can only afford to come once or twice. Insurance isn't what it used to be. Like last year when I spent $3000 for my hospitalization- my in-network out of pocket maximum.

I'm doing laundry, and trying to clean the kitchen. Later I will go for a walk. Tomorrow it is back to work.

So far so good on less Zyprexa.

This year I also managed to cut down on my Effexor. Cutting down on my Zonegran did not work. I'm not even going to try with the lithium- I think I'm at the sweet spot, with a level of 0.6. Just at the very bottom of the therapeutic range. That leaves Provigil- which isn't my biggest priority of things to reduce- except for the cost (as my overseas supplier has become unreliable and the price still hasn't dropped much in America).






No comments: