Friday, September 20, 2013

Somehow dragged myself to yoga

It was quite an accomplishment. I was so tempted to just go home after work, decided several times that I was going to do just that- even though I had already paid for the class and it was too late to cancel. I was just feeling too bad. But in the end, I went.

I am glad I went. I'm not going to say that I was mindfully present for the whole class, or that it was the best class ever. I am not going to say that it pulled me out of a horrible mood and made me feel wonderful. I am just glad that I went, however I feel. I think I would feel worse if I didn't go. And my body needs it. This is something I want to stick with.

I'm still hoping this is a temporary thing from disruptions in my meds and my schedule (going out of town and a couple of days off), etc. I am hoping that soon I will start feeling better. If not, I don't know what I am going to do. I don't feel like I am depressed over anything in particular- my life is actually going pretty well right now.

Tomorrow I have a continuing education workshop. Usually I like these a lot- and it is a splinting workshop, it should be fun. I am actually looking forward to it- which shows I am not too far gone. Although I am not looking forward to having to leave the house at 6am tomorrow morning.

No comments: