Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Inspiration

Diana Nyad completed her swim from Cuba to the Florida Keys yesterday at the age of 64. It was an amazing feat. She was able to use what she had learned from previous attempts to help her with this swim. She was able to accomplish her dream.

I have accomplished dreams too, although they won't get me on CNN. I became on OT, got off disability, and just this year became a Certified Hand Therapist. What are my next dreams?

I want to meet someone. I have had 2 boyfriends in the past 10 years, but neither worked out very well. I want to meet someone else, I want to fall in love again.

And I have to start swimming again. I swam in college- when I wasn't cutting. I would swim laps, in the evenings, before going home. I would swim so hard that when I got out of the pool I would be sweating. It was good. I want to start swimming again.

But mostly I swam the strokes you can do with your head out of the water. I was never very good at Freestyle. I want to learn how to do that, and to get the breathing down. That is my dream.

And then of course there is the dream to hike the Appalachian Trail. Somehow that one doesn't mix with having a job, so I guess if I am going to do that it will have to be as a section hiker.

No comments: