Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Going better than expected

My effexor reduction is going better than expected. I had a little more withdrawal symptoms today, but not intolerable, and aspirin helped. My bigger issue is my lack of sleep. I just couldn't stay awake for the first part of the day- but the afternoon was better.

It is probably too soon to say, but my mind feels lighter on less effexor. That is the best way I can think of to describe it. And I wonder if I want to go further- but only know not to do that for a while. And probably I will need my psychiatrist to give me smaller pills if I want to.

It remains to be seen how much of my irritable bowel syndrome remains on the lower dose of Effexor. I'm guessing it won't totally go away- if only because my stomach continues to hurt, even though I am no longer having diahrea. But maybe my intestines hurt just from everything they have been through recently.

But life seems possible again. I feel like I just need a couple of days for my body to recuperate. And a good weekend to get things done. To get on track again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those head zap things are annoying. I used to get them going on or off any antidepressant. That was the first thing I loved with Emsam--no zaps. I had to stop Effexor cold turkey at one point and that was really unpleasant. I had a lot less trouble than I've read about but it still wasn't nice.

I'm glad you may have found an answer!
JMJ