Sunday, July 27, 2014

Hoping my brain and my body can adjust

I am on a new diet and less meds. I think it will take time for everything to calm down. Today I just want to stay home- I don't want to go grocery shopping or into work. I started getting very anxious this afternoon and took a quarter milligram of klonopin- now is not the time to try to be to stingy with that as well.

But- even though I don't want to go anywhere- I don't really feel depressed. Anxious, yes, but not depressed. And this is good- that I can reduce my Effexor and Zyprexa and not feel depressed. And the anxiety? That is what klonopin is for, I guess, if it gets too bad. As long as I am taking these tiny doses, I am not going to worry about it.

I got my script in the mail for my lithium level, but I don't think I can go until Tuesday- when I go to work late. But by now, I really don't think it is lithium anymore. I am so much better. After this weekend, I don't even think I need to go to the doctor.

The problem now is that I need to go grocery shopping again. I am not very good about doing that. I am running out of food that I can eat. I still have a pantry full of food that that I can't eat! Well, maybe two shelves of food- mostly beans and lentils. And some frozen broccoli and cauliflower. Maybe in a few weeks I can try eating small amounts of forbidden foods- a little every day or two. That is what they say. Which would be good, because I think that many of the off-limit foods are very healthy. Not to mention tasty.

I found a new sci fi show on TV- "The Lottery." I like it a lot. I watched it today. Yesterday I watched "The Strain." Also really good. I wasn't too impressed with "The Last Ship," but I only watched the pilot. Maybe it gets better.

And I am trying not to eat. Since my stomach has settled, I have become very hungry. I just want to eat.

No comments: