Saturday, July 12, 2014

I finally have food again

I made it to Costco today to pick up my Provigil. While I was there, I bought a lot of groceries. There are still a few things to pick up at the grocery store, but mostly I am set for a while.

Unfortunately I didn't buy anything low-fiber- I should have. I am still having so many bathroom trips I don't know what to do. What should I eat? All I know is that eventually this will settle down again- it always does. But it could take a good long while to do so.

Sometimes it is bad working in healthcare. I find myself wondering- maybe this is Crohn's Disease. I actually had a colonoscopy 6 years ago because of this- and the gastroenterologist told me that everything looked good, that this was probably just IBS. But a colonoscopy doesn't see the small intestine- although he said he was able to see the very bottom of it and take a biopsy of it.

But my mom has this really bad, so I think I just have her genes. Lucky me.

If I just knew what I should be eating... Just tell me what to do.

Except that it would probably involve me giving up coffee.  And that is my favorite drug of all.

No comments: