Thursday, October 10, 2013

Back home, earlier than planned

My backpacking trip was only 2 days. Between the federal government park shut down and an out of date guide book, and last minute change of plans, looking for a place that no longer existed, then not knowing where I could leave my car overnight- I did leave it for 1 night in a state forest, not knowing what they would do. It was a good trip, but I was worried about my car.

I have the backpacking bug again. Maybe I can get in another trip this year- even if it is just another overnight. I know one thing though- I am never, ever scheduling a backpacking trip again for the October- when the fiscal year turns over- because I never want this to happen again. I suspect that these government shut downs are going to become a lot more common.

Well, by spring the parks should all be open I hope! I am going to do a big trip then.

My ankle held up surprisingly well- I used that ankle support. My right hip also isn't bothering me much- I think the yoga has really been helping it. I think what bothered me the most was my right knee as I was driving home! When I drive too much, it hurts. It is all the right side that is messed up.

Back home, back to normal life. I have errands to do tomorrow. And yoga in the evening. And I have to unpack. And do laundry and clean. It is supposed to rain. But hopefully it will clear up for the weekend and I can get in another hike.


No comments: