Tuesday, October 1, 2013

What a difference a day makes

I had a long night's sleep last night, and I am feeling so much better today.

It is the day I go in late, and I am doing a load of laundry. And planning my backpacking trip for next week. I don't know why I bother to look at accuweather's 15 day weather forcast (I have the iphone app). The forcast for that week has been changing ever day. And it is getting worse- they are now forecasting rain for most of those days. But it doesn't sound too bad.

I didn't get my act together in time to order some things I need unless I want to pay for priority mail- which I don't. So I am hoping I can find what I need at the closest EMS store- about a half an hour from here.

I'm only going to go for 4 days- I'm doing a round trip so I can leave my car. But I'm not in great shape, so I'm not going to try for more. Next year, yes. I am going to go for longer.

I did splurge for a new sleeping bag. My one co-worker who also backpacks convinced me that the one I had is not warm enough for this time of year. However, looking at the forecasts suggests otherwise. It might have been okay. Or maybe not. The forecast could change again.

I think I may need to buy a new computer. I cracked the top of the screen, apparently. I can't feel the crack, but I can see blotches of black, and it looks like there are three cracks (I can't feel them though). I must have moved my computer rather roughly yesterday. I can use it the way it is, it isn't a big deal- I just don't know if it is likely to stay this way, or if it might get worse or is likely to break down. I don't want that. Just when I thought my next purchase would be the new iphone...

I want a better camera than the iphone4. Otherwise, I could care less about upgrading my phone. But if I wind up getting a computer, that is going to have to wait a while.

It is so easy to spend money. That is the only good thing about being depressed. I don't spend money. I guess I am not depressed.

No comments: