Friday, October 4, 2013

It was good to go to yoga again

I think it is three weeks since I had been to yoga. First I had that dip in my mood when I stopped going. Then I had a tooth pulled. Then this Monday I felt like I was coming down with something. This was my first day back.

I was hoping for an easy class. It wasn't. There was a substitute teacher, and it was hard. I was really sweating. But it was also good. We did some "flow yoga," which I have been wanting to try, but which doesn't fit into my schedule. All and all, a good class, even if it was not what I had wanted. It worked for me.

My mood was a little shaky today. I actually broke down and took a quarter of a milligram of klonopin. Maybe that is just okay, and I have to accept it. It lets me take less of other meds.

Tomorrow I am going on a group hike. The location was changed because of the government shut down. It was supposed to be on a federal wildlife preserve, but now we are going to a different location that is not on federal lands. This is so stupid.

I think Boehner is a coward. What is the point of having power if you won't use it? All he cares about is getting re-elected, the best argument for term limits I have seen. He has the votes to pass a continuing funding resolution for the government. He just won't bring it to the floor. Just do it. Do the right thing. Be a leader.

But I shouldn't be thinking about politics. There goes my post-yoga glow.


No comments: