Saturday, October 19, 2013

More Antioxidents, less food

It's my making peace with Zyprexa program.

I went on Pub Med today, and was looking at studies about how to prevent tardive dyskinesia (other than the obvious- don't take meds or be female or get old). It turns out that if you are a rat, there are some anti-oxidents that seem to be protective. Some of them I am taking, a couple I am not- or at least not very much- so I just ordered some from vitacost.

There aren't a lot of prospective studies with people. What they seem to do is give these supplements to people who already have TD and then see if they get better- which it may be too late by then. But the one that has been shown to work is gingo. I already take that one. Good.

I already take a lot of supplements- but now I am adding a little. I take more supplements than meds right now. But many of the supplements that I take are to counteract bad effects of the meds- I don't think I'd be taking all of these supplements if I weren't on so many meds.

I also stepped on the scale this morning, and it was more than I wanted it to be. And more than it was last week. It has been going up and up- just in tiny bits, a half a pound at a time, but it is going up. My weight had been stable- and now with the med increase and maybe the change in seasons on top of that- it is increasing.

So this morning I signed up for an online food tracking site. I think I might have to go to bed soon because I don't have anymore calories left to eat and I am hungry! But so far I stayed within my calories- but not easily. And I didn't weigh or measure, so I may have underestimated.

I am hopeful that I can do this. I have to do something.


No comments: