Friday, October 18, 2013

TGIF, and a good yoga class

I do not have the body for yoga. You really need to have a flat stomach to do forward folds- my stomach just gets in the way. But I love it anyway. And it was a good class. Unfortunately, I lost my yoga glow afterwards when I couldn't find my car keys. It turns out they were in my purse all along, but it took me many worried minutes to find them.

I have been missing too many yoga classes due to my moods, and then vacation. And my body can tell. It doesn't want to bend as much, and my arms aren't as happy during the planks and downward dogs. But the hardest arm work today that we did was just doing Triangle and Warrior and holding, and holding, with the arms stretched out. It is amazing how heavy our arms can be!

I didn't have to force myself to go to yoga today. It wasn't the battle that it has been in recent weeks (and not always a successful battle). I just went. Amazing. OK- not entirely true- I did have a few thoughts of, wouldn't it be nice to just go home, etc. But these thoughts just came and I said no, I'm going, and that was the end of it.

There is a new moon out tonight, just beautiful. Recently I have felt like I have been worse during the full moon, but this time I feel like me mood is really good.

I don't know the mechanism, but when a full moon is low on the horizon, it looks bigger. Driving home it looked huge. I wanted to reach out and touch it.













No comments: